Youth Camp 1-Blatna & Blanchard Road Alliance Church


Youth Camp 1 went really well. We were able to build relationships with people and share our faith with many. The night the gospel was presented, I was able to share my faith with a handful of people. Earlier that day, I had been very discouraged. I felt like I was having a hard time getting to know anyone. It seemed that a lot of people knew each other, and they stuck with their friends that they already knew. After the gospel presentation, we were given a Bible passage to read on our own. I walked out of my room after that, and after asking God to use me, and sitting outside of my door was a group of girls. Right away, they stopped me and started asking me questions. They said they had questions about the Bible, and when I sat down and asked them what kind of questions, it was like they couldn't wait to ask them. Their first question was about the trinity...and the questions just continued from there. I thank God that He was able to speak through me in that discussion. Later that night, God gave me another opportunity to share my faith with another girl who was hurting. I was truly amazed and overwhelmed with what God was doing in the hearts of so many.

A couple nights later, we had a bonfire where most people end up staying up all night. I walked out to the bonfire at around 11:00 and had planned to just talk for a few minutes and go to bed. I ended up getting into a conversation with a girl named Hanka (she's in the middle in the picture above), and she and I stayed up talking until 2:30 in the morning. Hanka ended up telling me that the only reason she didn't want to accept Christ was because she didn't want to make a decision at camp. She wanted to go home and get into the reality of life before she made a decision like that. So, she's going to go home and think about things, and she and I are going to meet in Prague and talk more about this. Please pray for Hanka, and for our meeting in Prague. I'm hoping we'll be able to meet in the next week or so to continue our conversation. Pray that whatever is holding her back will disappear and that she'll desire to become one of God's children.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Czech This Out. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.