intern team 2009


Every summer a team of interns come to Eastern Europe to help run English camps and serve in the local churches.

This year, my team is small but strong. (From left to right: Melissa, me, Matt, & Jerry)

We'll be doing three camps this summer.

Pardubice: July 4 - 11
Vysoké Mýto: July 18 - 25
Val Mez: August 1 - 8

Just last week (when the interns arrived) we ran JV's version of "The Amazing Race" together. It was 48 hours long. We started in Vienna, went to Bratislava and Budapest, and ended up in Malenovice (in Czech). I wouldn't say the race was my favorite thing in the world, but we learned a lot about our team AND didn't end up in last place! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...
5:05 PM

Holy cow! I google mapped that and by car it would take 7 hours and 37 minutes! I think I would have ended up hitch hiking! No wonder they call it "The Amazing Race"!!!!!

Autumn said...
5:51 PM

One team ended up running out of money and hitch hiked, but while we made it back in time for dinner, they didn't get there until about 11PM...so it didn't end up working out for them.

Back to Home Back to Top Czech This Out. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.