Vienna


In September, I had the opportunity to go on a Mission Trip to Vienna with my church. And I mean, my church in the states. First Baptist was going on a Mission Trip to Vienna, Austria, and they welcomed me to join them for part of their trip. I was able to take a train down there and it only took me five hours to get all the way there.

The most exciting thing for me was being able to get to know the team. Sometimes I forget how many quality people there really are in this world, until I come across people like this. I'm so thankful to have been able to get to know each person from the team.

We also had many opportunities to work with refugees. We helped with a clothing drive at The Oasis, brought meals to refugees, brought food to others, and just minister to the refugees around. I was even surprised to find that my Czech somewhat helped with communicating with the refugees who spoke Russian. It's not the same at all, but it's much closer than English or German.

It was definitely an eye-opening trip. It really opened my eyes and my heart to what's happening in other countries...and especially a country that's so close to Czech.

(Here's a picture of everyone in the team but me.)

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Czech This Out. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.