A Week in TN




I've spent this last week in Nashville with my sister and her kids, and I have to say...being an aunt is THE BEST! I really can't compare it to being a mom (since I'm not one), but I love this! I know I shouldn't encourage this, but it's always been my secret goal to become the favorite aunt. But shhh...don't tell anyone.

On a more serious note though, one of the hardest thing for me when I leave to go overseas is not seeing the kids. When I left to move to Czech, Sierra had just started walking...by the time I got back, she was running and talking. The next time I saw her, I cried because of how much she had grown. Another thing that was hard was that I was in the delivery room with Sierra and the one to say, "It's a girl!", and with Hayden...I was in Czech at an Exit small group. I had never been so homesick than when I knew I was going to miss being there. So when I say goodbye, it breaks my heart more than anything to have to say goodbye to the kids. That's probably why I treasure the time I get with them so much. I'm sure I would treasure it anyway, but it's that much more meaningful to me knowing I need to soak up all the time I can with them while I can.

Man, I love these kids!

1 comments:

Karis said...
1:47 AM

My siblings are great aunts and uncles to my kids, and I appreciate that so much.

My sister is having my first niece or nephew on my side in November. We will already be in Cameroon, and it's hard for me that I'll never be able to be to them what my sister has been to my girls. But, like I know you will, I'll do what I can long distance.

Back to Home Back to Top Czech This Out. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.