a conversation with Sierra



I talked with my four-year-old niece today and this was the conversation we had:

Sierra: Why you live far far away?
Me: Because that’s where I live now.
S: But WHY so far far away?
A: I live here because I want to tell the people here about God.
S: But why they not know about God?
A: Because their moms and dads didn’t tell them about God.
S: But why they not tell them?
A: Because THEY don’t know about God.
(pause)
S: But how will you tell ALL them and their moms and dads about God?
A: I won’t be able to tell ALL of them, but I’ll tell the people who I meet.

This must have satisfied her, because she moved onto the next subject.

S: What’s your house look like?
A: Umm…(I’m really bad at describing things) The walls are white…and…you know what? We have a couch in our kitchen!
S: What?
A: We have a couch in our kitchen.
S: I cannot hear you. Talk louder!
A: (louder) I said, we have a couch in our kitchen!
S: Hang on…(talking to everyone in the room) Mom, Dad, Hayden, Nana, PipPop…you need to be quiet because I cannot hear my Auntie Autumn.
(talking to me again) Now what did you say?
A: I said, we have a couch in our kitchen.
S: Oh! We do not have a couch in our kitchen. We have…Mom, will you tell Auntie Autumn what we have in our kitchen? Okay, I love you! Bye!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Czech This Out. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.