how the digital world has changed the way kids look at things


Remember when your mom would take pictures of you? She'd take a picture and you'd see it in a few weeks after all the pictures were taken on the roll and finally brought in to get developed. If you were picture 1 or 2 of 24...you might even have to wait MONTHS in order to see them. And forget it if your mom found a deal on 36 exposure film. I remember getting pictures back such a long time after they were taken that I hardly remembered the event they were taken at. Okay, maybe you guys were faster on us at this, but you MUST remember the waiting. Oh, and then the times when you couldn't wait to get a certain picture back, just to find that you blinked and don't really want to frame that picture anymore.

It's amazing how much the digital world has changed things. We can take hundreds, even thousands of pictures, and it doesn't change anything. And we can see them right away! (This would have blown my mind 15 years ago!) Take my nephew for example:

Hayden is two years old. I took a picture of him and his cousin (Blake), and right after the flash went off, Hayden said, "(let) me see!" I turned the camera around to show him and he said, "AWW!"

I love how a two-year-old understands the concept of digital cameras. He knows that as soon as a picture is taken, he can see it. Imagine him trying to wrap his mind around sitting still for a portrait!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Czech This Out. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.