Details

There has been so much happening since I arrived in the Czech Republic a month ago. I will have many stories for you when I get home. I will also be able to fill you in on the details of how God has directed my path and shown me exactly where He wants me and what He wants me to be doing. I will give you a brief summary of what I will be doing when I move here in the end of September. There are three different towns that I will be working in, and here is what I will be doing in each of them.

PÍSEK
This is the town that I will be living in. We already found an appartment that we can move in to in the end of September. I will be living with two girls from the church, Lucka and Bětka.

I will be working with Lucka Řehořova (my roommate) at Elim Church. The church’s goal is to have everyone who is working there work in teams of two. The reason for this goal is found in Ecclesiastes 4:9-10. “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!” We will be working in Communications together, doing video production, graphic design, and web design.

In Písek, I will also be leading an English bible study with my friend Jana. (We will be starting with ‘The Jesus I Never Knew’ by Phillip Yancey.) Jana is fluent in English and will be able to help guide the conversations. She will especially be a lot of help when we get into a deep conversation that would lose a lot through translation. I know the bible study will be in English, but there will be certain discussions that will flow easier in their first language. Because we will be leading this together, we have decided that there is no other way to lead it than to have it rooted in prayer. Every week we will get together to pray for the girls and for the study. We are going to read ‘The Power of Praying Together’ by Stormie Omartian, as we put it into action by praying for the bible study together. God has blessed me with giving me an accountability partner already . . . even before moving here.

ŠUMPERK
I will also be traveling to Šumperk to work with the television series as often as I am needed there. This will be the first Christian television show in the Czech Republic, and we hope that this opportunity will grow into more than one television show. If we want to reach this generation, what louder megaphone than the media?

MALENOVICE
And finally, once a month I will be traveling to Malenovice to have an intensive week of Bible training through conferences. It will also help for me to travel there because I will be a missionary through Josiah Venture, and their headquarters are in Malenovice. That way, I will be able to check in with them every so often. I will also do some video production for JV, so traveling there will help with that as well.

As you can see, there is already so much for me to do here. I am excited to be able to be a part of it. Please pray that I will be able to tackle the language as quickly as possible, so that will not be a barrier for very long. And pray that while I’m in the states, that the financial support will come in quickly, so I can get back here as soon as possible.

Thank you for your prayers!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Czech This Out. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.