Písek, CZ

When I found out that I was going to camp in Písek, I had no idea how much a little town could impact me. I've never felt more at home somewhere when it wasn't really my home. But that's how Písek is . . . it feels like home. And it's a good thing it does, because it won't be long before Písek becomes my home.

This is an option I have been praying about for just over a month, and God has answered that prayer very clearly. Last week, God laid it on my heart that He wanted me to move to the Czech Republic. Only days after that decision, it became more and more clear to me that He wants me in Písek. The details keep working themselves out so perfectly, and the transition is already becoming incredibly smooth.

I will still work on the television show in Šumperk, but I will only travel there when I'm needed. It will be like I have two homes in the Czech Republic, one in Písek and the other in Šumperk. Most of the time, I will be working with Elim Church in Písek. The church is trying to get the staff to be able to work in teams of two, because they feel that it is biblical.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 says,"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"

They have teamed everyone in the church up, but haven't been able to find someone to work with Lucka (or Lucie) Řehořova in Communications. Lucka already works for the church in Communications, but does not know very much about video production or graphic design. To me, this seems like the perfect team. She is very creative in many ways, and I feel we will be able to use the gifts God has given each of us to work together as the perfect team. It’s amazing what God lines up when you just let Him.

Lucka and I are already working together on two different video projects, and I am excited about both of them. We had a brainstorming meeting one night when we were at camp. It was around 10 or 11 at night, and neither of us were awake enough to think creatively, but it needed to be done. Afterwards, we knew it was God who worked through us, because the creativity that came out during that meeting was nothing we could have taken credit for. God has set up this perfect team and I’m excited to be able to be a part of it!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Czech This Out. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.