my lack of artistic abilities





(Thanks Hawaii-I used your pictures again.)


I have many friends who are very artistic (such as my friend Mollie). I however am not. I even came across my 5th grade report card, and I received points for "effort". I think that's just a nice way of saying, "You tried." It's okay, though. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not artistic, but because of it I'm able to appreciate other people who are artistic even more.

A few months ago, I decided to take on a little project. Now, my artistic friends will probably get a kick out of how clueless I am when it comes to art. One of my favorite games is Settlers of Catan. One thing that's always bothered me is that you have to put the box away perfectly in order for everything to fit in the box. So I thought it would help if I made little bags to sort the pieces a little better. I bought all the materials I needed...and they ended up sitting in my closet for months. I couldn't figure out the best way to make these bags. So the materials sat and sat. Now that I'm leaving soon, I realized, if I don't do these now-I'm never going to do them. So I got everything out...the materials, the sewing machine...and I went upstairs to ask my mom how to do them. As she was explaining it to me, she suddenly realized I had no idea what she was talking about. She stopped mid-sentence and said, "I can't believe you can't visualize this!" That's when she decided she'd take on the project herself. She had me help...but in the same way she'd have my four-year-old niece help. (I pushed the string through...and turned the bags inside out...) :) It's pretty embarrassing that I'm that clueless when it comes to something as simple as sewing! BUT we *cough* she finished the bags...and I'm pretty excited about them! THANKS MOM!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Czech This Out. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.